Historically, cellars have benefited from ventilation via coal shutes and the airing of the space due to daily activities for example bringing coal into the upper levels of the building for heating and cooking etc. However, cellars and basements are invariably visibly damp due to the very nature of the construction and the placement of such walling in a subterranean environment.
Add value to your property
Using specialist ‘basement waterproofing techniques’, we can transform your cellar or basement into habitable accommodation. This can considerably add to the value of your commercial or residential property or properties.
How we can help
We recommend a tanking system called cavity drainage membrane (CDM). This uses high-density polyethylene studded sheets, which are gas proof and impervious to water and water vapour. When the cavity membrane is placed against the structure, the studs form a permanent cavity between the structure and the membrane. This controls any water and moisture movement within the air gap, which also prevents the build up of water vapour pressure.
Perimeter drainage is also recommended to collect any water behind the membrane to channel this away from the structure. This is done by incorporating a drainage system which provides a means of intercepting any water at the wall/floor junction, diverting it to either natural drainage or a sump pumping system. The internal finish can be either dry lined onto a metal stud independent wall lining system incorporating insulation, then clad with plasterboard, or direct replastering.
Key benefits include:
• We apply minimum preparation to substrates – other companies rarely carry out conventional tanking systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. The most critical aspect of their application is surface preparation of the substrate which is rarely done. This usually involves raking out mortar jointing bush hammering of concrete surfaces and chasing out cracks and crevices etc. These preparations are also damaging to the substrate.
• The membrane is sympathetic towards the building.
• Minimal dust and noise is generated.
• Faster working programs can be achieved, because there is no drying or curing times.
• Chemical damp proof courses can, in certain situations, be omitted.
• The product has a long life expectancy and we can offer a 10 year guarantee
(a 30 year product warranty is also available).
Need Basement tanking?
Call Trinity Now on 01502 470022 or 07769 644200.